enviado pela amiga Lilian S.
Como visto no site:
Cleaning the Tin Can
Clean up the tin can. Open each tin can and remove the top (along with any contents). Remove labels and wash with warm soapy water. Dry completely.
Freezing the tin can first will prevent your tin from being deformed once you start hammering it.
- Add water.
- Place the tin can inside the freezer.
- Wait until the water freezes. Then remove the tin from the freezer.
- Tap the first nail into the leaf, being careful not to rip or break the leaf. Consider hammering the first nail toward the top of the leaf to stabilize your design.
- Hammer the remaining nails around the perimeter of the leaf in order to create a pattern. Space the nail holes evenly so your design appears symmetrical.
- Remove the nails and pull or tear off the leaf to expose the design. You should be able to see the same leaf pattern now outlined in nail holes on the tin can.
- Allow the tin can to dry for up to 24 hours. However, most spray paints will dry within 3 hours if left in a cool, dry area.
Assembling the Lantern
- Fill the bottom of the can with sand Fill it with about a ½ cup of sand, depending upon the can size.
- Place the votive in the middle of the can, resting on the sand.
- Light the votive. (Or, turn on battery operated votive.) This will light up the night.